Makeup Tutorial | Spotlight Eye Makeup Look
What is a Spotlight Eye Makeup Look?
A spotlight eye look has a very simple concept, to have a concentrated colour in the middle of the eyes. The idea being that it looks it could be a spotlight shining. Simples. What I love about this look is its versatility. You can create a simple smokey spotlight look or get creative and colourful with your choice of products. There’s really no limit to the possibilities. You could use blue smokes and a copper spotlight, brown smokes and a blue spotlight… the possibilities are endless!
This is a really easy look to achieve! I choose to try something wearable.
- Find your transition colour, something neutral to define the socket. I choose the Burnt Orange shade.
- I then used a small brush for accuracy and applied the antique bronze colour to the eyelid. Starting from the outside of the eye working into the middle of the eyelid leaving a gap for the spotlight. Then I come in from the inner eye to the gap. I apply the same idea to under the eye.
- I dampened a brush with MAC prep and prime to intensify the colour of the spotlight. I apply the Vemeer to the gap left on the lid and blend with my fingers.
- I intensify the outer corners of my eyes with Cyrpus Umber but this is a personal preference of mine!
- I finished the look with Adrell wispies lashes.
I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. The reason I LOVE this palette is the shadows are really blendable and pigmented. A little product goes a long way.
I would love to see how you get on!